Inserting a fill out line on a form

Sk8Hound

How do you insert a line in a text field so that people know that the blank line needs to be filled out on a form?  So it would look like this:  ___________________________  in the form field and would appear that way when printing out the form.

Thank you.

• Administrators
Alex Edwardes

Hi @Sk8Hound,

If the form is intended to be filled out on a computer, then the form fields will be obvious. Though if you intend the recipient to fill it out physically, then I would simply add the gap e.g. ___________________, directly into your text.

Though if you wanted to cover for both, you could go into the Text Field's properties (Forms > Select Fields > Right-Click > Properties) and adjust the 'Default Value' from the 'Options' tab.

On 2/26/2018 at 10:14 PM, Alex E. said:

Hi @Sk8Hound,

If the form is intended to be filled out on a computer, then the form fields will be obvious. Though if you intend the recipient to fill it out physically, then I would simply add the gap e.g. ___________________, directly into your text.

Though if you wanted to cover for both, you could go into the Text Field's properties (Forms > Select Fields > Right-Click > Properties) and adjust the 'Default Value' from the 'Options' tab.

It wouldn't let me put the line in the text field initially.  Then when I went back into the document, I could do it.  Thanks.

Archived