Print at a Custom Scale

Tom S.

When attached Test-File.pdf is printed on Letter Paper, I can measure the long dimension of image to be 230 mm. I would like to do a custom scale of 40% so that printed dimension on Letter Paper is 92 mm.

I have three workarounds.

1- Set zoom to 73%, Print Current View, Scale: Shrink to fit printable area, Auto-rotate and center UNCHECKED. Now printed image dimension is almost 92 mm.

2-I could also set zoom to 55%, Print Current View, Shrink to fit printable area, Auto-rotate and center CHECKED. Now printed image dimension is 92 mm but rotated.

3-I keep Adobe Reader installed so that I can use their Print Custom Scale option set to 40%. Now printed image dimension is 92 mm.

Methods 1 and 2 zoom factors were determined empirically. Method 3 is easiest to use.

Is there some option in Nitro that I'm missing that will let me print at a custom scale?

Test-File.pdf

• Official Nitronaut

Hi Tom,

These 3 work-around could be the best possible option for your specifications.  You can also change the Printer Preferences and create a Custom Profile for these specifications.

If you would like to troubleshoot this further, please submit a ticket to support at: www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

Archived