Crashes and Missing Tools after 12.10.1.478 Update

DDietz

After updating to version 12.10.1.478, Although the "Review" menu is visible and accessible, I no longer have access to the tools to draw shapes, lines, arrows, call-outs, text boxes, etc.  When searching for an option to enable those tools, Nitro Pro crashes with almost every option I attempt to view.  Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.  Running Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit with 8GB RAM and Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz  2.50 GHz.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @DDietz,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-From build of Nitro Pro 12 did you update from?
-Support Tools file from the affected machine. Note that if the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and open NitroPDFSupportTools.exe: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/support tools/000001594

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• 5 weeks later...

DDietz

I've had a very similar experience with Nitro Pro 12 with every version after 12.0.0.112.

I posted about this a few weeks ago and got no help from anyone at Nitro Pro. The exact same problem manifest itself on two nearly identical PCs I'm running.

Nitro pro's solution is always the same. do a complete uninstall and reinstall the most recent version. I've done that probably a dozen times as each new version of 12 comes out and it never solves the problem.

The last version that works on both of my machines is 12.0.0.112

so I've basically given up on the software. You might want to try nuance power PDF advanced. At this point, there's probably not a nickel's worth of difference in terms of the functionality of the two products.

Archived