Nitro 12 Freezing after using Ctrl + F

manderson

I've seen a couple other users complaining about the find function freezing the program. I've got a user running Windows 10 and have tried AllainU's recommedation from https://community.gonitro.com/topic/6001-nitro-pro-12-not-loading/ but the program still freezes. We are running NitroPro 12.0.0.112

I took the same installer and tried it on mine and was unable to reproduce the issue. The effected user is running Windows 10 Pro - Version 1803 - OS Build 17134.829. On my own laptop it's the same besides my OS build being 17134.885. If you have any other ideas let me know or need further information.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @manderson,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened?
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. To send me a private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-Could you please confirm you have Nitro Pro build 12.16.3.574? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

This is a new issue that so far only she has reported, but it only happens in Nitro Pro. Other programs are using this function alright. 

The build we have is 12.0.0.112 that we store locally, that would be the only part I didn't follow directly from your guide on another thread. I used that to compare it to my own laptop and had the find function work without freezing, but I can upgrade her tomorrow and have her try again.

It happens on every file, I've tried 6 or 7 different pdf files.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @manderson,

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ralf,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

After checking your account records, we can see you already submitted a support ticket for the same concern.

For better case handling, kindly wait for an email from a Nitro Support Representative through the support case.

Cheers!