Nitro Pro 12- Activation

Tania H

My computer recently updated and my Nitro Pro 12 now reads "Expired Trial" (when clearly I purchased).  I was trying to submit a ticket but I get stuck on the "Need Help Activating Pro?" page. It reads for me to click my serial number and click on "Find License", then it shows me a box where I can "Once I click 'Deactivate' you can activate your license immediately by entering the below serial number into Nitro Pro." However, I click deactivate and nothing happens. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and if I activate, where in Nitro Pro do I go to reactivate with my serial number? 

Also, after purchasing my Nitro Pro, I was still limited on what I could and couldn't do. Aren't all the taps should be available for me to use on Nitro Pro? Thanks! 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Tania H,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, did your machine just installed a major Windows Update?

If yes, kindly note upon the upgrade of the operating system or installing a major Microsoft / Windows update, the Computer ID is changed, as it is comprised partially by the operating system. Once changed, this will no longer recognize the original installation causing the program to revert to trial mode.

To reactivate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Ok thank you for your help, my Nitro Pro has been activated on my computer. My question to you now is, why are some tabs unavailable for me to use? For example, on my Home tab, TOOLS, REVIEW, and PAGE LAYOUT are not available for me to use. How do I get to use them? Thanks! 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Tania H,

Thanks for letting us know you were able to activate again your program.

With regard to few tabs that are unavailable, does this happen when you open certain PDF files?

If you go to File > New to have a fresh PDF file, does it show the same tabs that are still unavailable?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Archived