Trial Expired

Nicklas Åslev

Nicklas Åslev

Hi,

I've read around the forums and found a lot of people having the same problem.
I'm trying to activate Trial on two computers located in Azure but it already says that the Trial is expired. I'm trying to activate manually since the computers are behind firewalls that I have no access over.
The software has not been installed on these computers before.

I noticed now though that both computers have the same Computer ID. How is the Computer ID generated?
I'm trying to test this software out in Azure for a client that is already a big customer to Nitro. And I would appreciate a quick response.
Thank you in advance

s+wCDYlc1MR4XvIjp9P1
Library Version: 3.5.49.6 NSL: 13.5.49.6

s+wCDYlc1MR4XvIjp9P1
Library Version: 3.5.49.6 NSL: 13.5.49.6

Br

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Nicklas Åslev,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you, could you please confirm you are getting 'Expired Trial' message right after installing the program on your machines?

Are these virtual machines hosted in Azure? 

Have you tried installing on a physical machine? How did it go?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Nicklas Åslev

Hi AllainU!

I cannot get the software to communicate directly with your servers. I'm getting connection issues due to proxy, which the client hasn't supplied me with. So I'm blocked behind FW.
Therefor the application just says "Trial not activated" in large text and in advanced under activation is says the same thing.

So I'm trying Manual Offline registration via gonitro.com/activation and there on your webpage, I'm getting "Trial has expired" when pasting the supplied code.
However, when trying again today, I'm getting "ComputerID has already been activated" instead. I did try for a couple of hours yesterday.

These are 2 virtual machines hosted in Azure where I'm setting up a WVD, VDI (Windows Virtual Desktop) solution for the client and they want to try this software out.
And, as I said in my last message, it's very curious that both virtual machines gets the same Computer ID. Which makes me wonder how it is generated?
Can this cause other issues?

I did try the installation on my own client and there the Trial worked just fine.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Nicklas Åslev,

Thank you for this information and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

With the information you have provided, you'll need another MSI installer that accepts a license-file, instead of a serial number. This license-file is only given to Enterprise customers and it uses another licensing-model that will not result to this activation behavior.

To be able to get an Enterprise installer with a license-file that works perfectly with virtual environments, you must purchase 20-users or more through our Sales Team by filling-up this online form:  https://www.gonitro.com/contact-sales

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

Nicklas Åslev

Hi,

Ok, just to clear things out if anyone else comes across the same problem.
Trial for Nitro running on Azure VMs (maybe not all their data centers) is not supported as far as I understand, based on how Computer ID is generated. My VMs is getting the same Computer ID and someone has most likely already used up that Computer ID.

Purchasing a 20-users license does not really help as this is just for testing purposes.

But thank you for your quick responses.
Br