Nitro 12 Can't be activated

Joel Boyd

I recently had to deactivate Nitro 12. I did so using the licenses portal. After I enter my serial number on the portal it shows that my Number of Activations is 0 and my Number of Activations Allowed is 2. However, when I attempt to activate Nitro 12 I get an error: -23 Error License number already used.

I'm not sure what to do, because using the serial I purchased and entering the serial at the license portal clearly shows that I have 2 activations left yet I can't activate my software on any computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Joel Boyd,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

An adjustment has been made on your Nitro Pro license so you can proceed with the activation. 
Please try to activate again by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter the serial number then click on Activate.

Kind regards, 

Thank you, Reymund! I was able to activate Nitro 12 on both systems after you fixed the issue on your end. I don't foresee needing to deactivate and reactivate Nitro 12 going forward, but if I do, can I still deactivate using the license site as I did before this issue appeared? It has never been a problem in the past.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Joel Boyd,

The issue was about a machine that generated an all zeros computer ID which generates a conflict. We removed this conflict so you could proceed with the activation. 

You can still continue to use the license portal to deactivate a license, and if the same issue occur, it is likely a machine that generates an all zeros Nitro computer ID which needs to be removed on our end. 

This issue has been resolved in the licensing platform of Nitro Pro 13. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Hello Reymund, next time we purchase another Nitro copy for our Engineering Team we will purchase Nitro Pro 13. However, it will be good to know that we can still use Nitro 12 licenses as we please. Thanks for the help and explanation.