Moving Nitro Pro to new computer doesn't work

Steven Stanforth

Steven Stanforth

Just bought a new laptop and tried to deactivate on old computer and reactivate on new computer.  Followed instructions precisely and can't seem to reactivate on new computer; not entirely sure the old computer was deactivated as when I look up the serial number the the data shown is inconsistent.  This should be a 5 minute process, I've spent 2 hours on this and have no access to e-mail the company to get my account corrected.  Need a response quickly or will just buy Adobe.  Very upset with this lack of functionality and support so far.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Steven Stanforth

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

My apologies for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

Our records show that you have a version 11 serial number and this will only work on a Nitro Pro 11 installation. 
Could you please check the version of Nitro Pro installed on your computer? This can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

If you have installed a different version, please uninstall then install Nitro Pro 11 by downloading the installer from the link below:
https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/installer/000004464 

Go to the Nitro Pro 11 section then download the installer that matches your Windows installation (32bit or 64bit). 
Once Nitro Pro 11 is installed, you should be able to activate it using your version 11 serial number.

If you still encounter an activation issue, please provide the following through private message:

1. Screenshot of the activation error message.
2. The serial number you used to activate the software.

Kind regards, 

Steven Stanforth

Reymund, thank you for responding.  My OLD computer shows a version 12.0.112.I have downloaded the trial version 13.26.3.505 onto my NEW computer and unsuccessfully tried to activate this new version.  My  serial number is 234***-******-******.  FYI I upgraded to the Productivity Suite on 6/26/2019 (reference number 18*******).  That e-mail directed me to download and activate version 12 as that was included in the purchased Suite.  It is my understanding that version 12 is still supported and thus I should be able to activate the new version.  Hopefully we can get this corrected so I can activate Nitro on my new computer, thank you.

Edited by Reymund G.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @Steven Stanforth,

Please uninstall Nitro Pro 13 then install Nitro Pro 12 so you could activate it using your version 12 serial number.
The Nitro Pro 12 installer can be found from the following location:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link.  

Once Nitro Pro 12 is installed, you should be able to activate it using your version 12 serial number.