Certain PDF's read fine in 12, but lock up 13.

Graham Blackwood

Graham Blackwood

I've had some users on Nitro 13 reporting issues with locking up and crashing. For example, this PDF works fine on Nitro 12, but there seems to be something unique to sheet 9 that locks Nitro 13 up. I tested this on clean installs of windows 10 pro. I'm hoping someone at Nitro can diagnose it. For now I am using Nitro 12 licenses to work around the issue. Sample file linked below. 

<URL for file>

Thanks,

Graham

Edited by AllainU

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Graham Blackwood,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I have checked the Document Properties of these PDF files and I can see they were created using AutoCAD.

Do you have control in creating these type of PDF files through AutoCAD or you just receive them from an online source or vendor?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Edited by AllainU

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Graham Blackwood,

Thank you for this information.

Since you can generate PDF's from AutoCAD, kindly note that such files contain rendered content/drawings and printing using the Nitro PDF Creator requires Nitro Pro to basically re-render and re-draw the content to a PDF. This can cause the Nitro software to crash, especially if the AutoCAD file has much content or several layers of drawings.

To bring in an AutoCAD file into Nitro Pro, we highly recommend performing these steps:

a. Open the file in AutoCAD > File > Export to an image format. (i.e. .jpg or .png format)
b. Open Nitro Pro > click on the Home tab > PDF > From File > Add Files > select the image file. This will convert the image to a PDF format. 

This process works over the direct print using the Nitro PDF Creator, since it does not require Nitro Pro to render the content in the AutoCAD file.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

Graham Blackwood

Just to clarify, we don't have any issues generating the pdf's from AutoCAD. Our workflow uses the batch plot publish to pdf command. We don't use the Nitro PDF Creator printer.

Our issue occurs when Nitro 13 is reading the PDF's, like the one I linked. Nitro 12 reads the entire file fine, but Nitro 13 crashes when trying to view page 9.

• 2 years later...