Removal/Uninstall of Nitro Pro from multiple device via SCCM

Matt Smith

Hi

I am needing to remove Nitro Pro from 100+ devices which have had it installed manually in error while trying to get our staff fully up and running with laptops during the covid lockdown.

Our prefered method would be to set something up in SCCM as people are working remotely but as this wasn't installed via this method, when I tried uninstalling using the msi install it doesn't appear to work via SCCM Applications, so having found another thread regarding the cleanup-oct17.vbs tool which does a great job of removing Nitro Pro,  I have then tried to setup an sccm package to run but struggling to get this script working via this method after much looking for pointers on what to try. 

I am a novice with deploying scripts via sccm so this might be part of my issue.

Basically my question is, is there any easier ways of removing Nitro via SCCM that I have missed, or a step by step guide to deploying this cleanup tool as a package?

Any pointers/advice would be much appreciated

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Matt Smith,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please describe how you deployed Nitro Pro to the 100 devices? Did you use a msi installer to deploy the software?
Also, what version of Nitro Pro? 

Before we proceed to any troubleshooting, would you be so kind to send the license or serial number you used to activate Nitro Pro?
You can send this information through private message (mouse hover my profile then click the 'Message' link).

Kind regards,

Hi Reymund,

Thanks for your reply.

Nitro Pro was installed manually by a some contractors before the devices were issued to end users which unfortunatley we didn't want doing due to licencing constraints so we now need to remove it remotely. It was version 13 using an msi.

I will send you the key used via pm.

Many thanks

Matt

On 11/5/2020 at 9:08 AM, Matt Smith said:

Hi Reymund,

Thanks for your reply.

Nitro Pro was installed manually by a some contractors before the devices were issued to end users which unfortunatley we didn't want doing due to licencing constraints so we now need to remove it remotely. It was version 13 using an msi.

I will send you the key used via pm.

Many thanks

Matt

Thanks for your time on this Reymund, but I have now managed to get the Nitro removal script working via sccm