Unable to re-activate Nitro10

Keith Bell

HI,

I have been using Nitro10 for sometime when suddenly it reverted back to the trial version with error code 7089.  I followed the support notes to de-activate the current licence which was successful but then returning and  clicking the Activation button within Nitro does nothing so I have no means to re-activate.  Please advise.

Keith

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Keith Bell,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I understand that you have Nitro Pro 10 license but the 7089 error normally occur on the old build of Nitro Pro 13.
Did you uninstall then reinstall Nitro Pro? Or, it is still an old installation then reverted to expired trial mode?

Could you please check the exact version and build of Nitro Pro installed on you computer? This can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

Kind regards,

Thanks Reymund for your response.  I did not do anything intentionally so it would fall into the "it is still an old installation then reverted to expired trial mode".  However following your request I identify the version is 13.2.3.26 but I did not try and install anything - but the laptop has been installing updates/patches under the normal automatic windows updates.  Is it possible an update has been unintentionally installed through the automatic updates?? In any case is it possible to revert back to the old version of Nitro 10?

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Thank you for checking this, @Keith Bell,

Most likely, there is application on your machine that checks and runs a software update. Nitro Pro itself does not have an option to update itself automatically, the update happens when you run the installer of a newer version or build. 

You need to uninstall Nitro Pro 13 on your computer then install Nitro Pro 10. You can uninstall Nitro Pro through the Windows Control Panel's Programs and Features. Once uninstalled, install Nitro Pro 10 by downloading the installer from the following location:

https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/installer/000004464

Go to the Nitro Pro 10 section then download the installer that matches your Windows installation (32bit or 64bit). 

Once Nitro Pro 10 is installed, activate it using your version 10 serial number. 

Kind regards,