Some Text Boxes are Blacked out when printed with 13.26 build

Jacob Smit

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jacob Smit,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I understand you have a user having issue printing forms where some boxes are blacked out.

To further troubleshoot, kind set your Nitro Pro as the default PDF viewer by referring to these articles:
a. Setting the default printer: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/default/000004496
b. Setting the default PDF viewer (Win7): http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/default/000004296

If above did not help and in order for me to further assist you, could you please provide me with the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro 13. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-Are you printing to a physical printer? If yes, is it physically connected to your machine or it is a network/shared printer?
-Does it have the latest software / driver installed? What is the make / model of your printer?
-A picture (using your phone camera) of the print result on paper that shows the issue.
-Please send us a form file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end.

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• 3 weeks later...
Yann LE PROVOST

Dear Alain,

I encounter the same problem with Nitro Pro 13.26.3.505

No problem if the documents are opened or printed with adobe reader.

We print on Ricoh network printer with the latest drivers.

Is there any patch ?

Regards

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Yann LE PROVOST,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

We have reached out to our developers and confirmed that this is a bug related to RICOH printers. A case has been created and sent to our Project Management team for further review.

We do not have a time frame of when this will be fixed, but hopefully in the next release or two.

Updates will be available on our website: https://www.gonitro.com/support/downloads so please check visit this page from time to time. 

In the meantime, a work-around is available by changing Ricoh Printing Preference > Detailed Settings > Print Quality > Advanced > From Vector to Raster > Apply

I hope this helps and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

• 9 months later...
Yann LE PROVOST

Dear @AllainU

Hope that you are fine,

Any news regarding the Bug with Ricoh Printers,

I still have the problem and as we must renew our licenses, I need to know if I continue with Nitro or not for my 20 users.

Thank you

Regards

Yann

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Yann LE PROVOST,

Thank you for your response and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Unfortunately, this issue with printing to Ricoh printers is placed on the long-term product roadmap, so unfortunately, there is no short-term solution for it. 

In order our Nitro Support team to add your account to this internal case, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.