How to add a calendar for users to pick a date from?

CORWINTEACH

I am creating a form so users can submit days they want a leave request. Is there a way to add a calendar so they can click and then choose a date from the calendar? I have seen java based script for "date pickers" but couldn't see to figure out how to make it work. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello CORWINTEACH,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

A Date Picker or drop down calendar is part of this technology known as XFA and unfortunately, is not available within Nitro Pro's base feature set when creating a form. Nitro Pro adheres to the AcroForm standard when creating forms to minimise risks of incompatibility with other PDF viewers.

There are other ways to add a date though. You have the following options:

•  You can use the type text tool to quickly type in the date on the document where you need it.
  • You can add a text field and change the format to 'Date'. You can do this by right clicking on the field, go to Properties, and on the Format tab change the Format Category to Date.
  • If you are looking for it to always be the current time and date you could make the stamp or add a JavaScript to a text field
  • If you want to set the current date as a header/footer for a document you can create a new header and footer under Edit > Header & Footer > Manage Header & Footer > New Profile > Add Text and in the Window for editing the text and placement enter $Date as your text.

I hope this helps!

Archived