Creator saves text as images - blue boxes

Chris Henderson

Chris Henderson

Hello

I have Nitro Pro 13.9.

I have a Nitro creator generated pdf doc printed from MYOB. I would like to edit some text on the document - specific characters in the text. I can click on the edit button in Nitro but I get light blue boxes with no ability to select or edit the text within these boxes. The blue boxes segment the entire document. I believe they are images and creator has segmented the document into a set of images, which doesn't allow me to get to the text or individual characters in the text.  Double clicking on them makes no difference. The blue boxes only appear after clicking edit. Otherwise the document looks clean.

I can pdf a Word doc for instance and can edit individual characters. But not if pdf printed from MYOB.  There doesn't appear to be any settings I can adjust in MYOB. Looking at the conversion custom options in creator it allows me to see images only, and nothing about embedding fonts etc

Anyone have ideas on how to get past this?

Tia

Chris

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Chrisnir1,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

When printing to PDF Creator (File > Print Nitro PDF Creator), the resulting document is similar to a scanned PDF document.

In order to make it editable, please go to Review Tab > OCR and select Make Searchable and Editable.

To know more about this feature, please refer to this article: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/ocr/000004314

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Chris Henderson

Hi Allain

Thank you for your response. I have tried this with little success. For example, I have a sum "$320.02" in the document. I want to replace the $ sign with the euro sign. I try to select just the $ but it selects the whole sum (highlight in blue). After OCR I can select edit and can highlight many of the characters I want to replace but the saved document after modification is very unfocused and not sharp, like the original. Edited sections are also shaded afterwards. How to proceed from here?

regards

Chris

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Chrisnir1,

Would it be possible to send over a copy of the original PDF file so we do perform some tests on our end?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.