OCR languages beyond

David Basta

I am looking to OCR some documents in Portuguese in Nitro 12.   I believe I have done this in the past.  However, currently the OCR language choices are limited to Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish in OCR preferences.

I have read:      At the moment, Nitro Pro only supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese in OCR.

Where do you select the other languages - the ones that are not Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish?

Regards,

Dave B.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @David Basta,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I believe you are referring to the language recognition of OCR in Nitro Pro. You can see this information by going to the File > Preferences
The OCR section will give you the options to select the Language, under Recognition area. 

Kind regards, 

Yep, that's the spot.  I see choices for Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.

How do I get the choices for: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese?   These languages are listed by Nitro Pro as supported.

Regards,

Dave B.