VIP vs Product Updates

Jeff Block

Hi,

I purchased NitroPDF about a month ago With Product Updates and trying to find out what the real difference is?

It looks like VIP allows Support and Product Updates doesn't. But they both allow the same updates for the Year..

Does Product updates allow you to renew yearly for the ($29.99) for updates each year? 

Neither really says can renew yearly but I have seen VIP say some somewhere. What happens when the year is up you will get an email to renew?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jeff Block,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Product Updates include items like bug fixes, enhancements, and security updates. This is why we recommend that you are always running the current build of the software. To find the latest the update for your particular version of Nitro Pro please visit this link: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads 

With regard to VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance), it entitles users to free upgrades for the next release of Nitro Pro and Premium Support for one year after the purchase date. (Premium Support is prioritized ticket support with our Technical Support staff/Nitro Customer Success and Service Team for one year after the purchase date).

If you happen to not renew your VIP Access, your Nitro Pro 13 will not expire because it is a perpetual license.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

When buying it looks like both offer the same type of updates?

Both Say: 

• Enjoy Nitro’s newest features, improvements, and security updates as soon as they’re released—at no extra charge

So I would think that Product Updates would also allow you to update to a new version if it was released within the year?

Does Product updates allow you to renew yearly for the ($29.99) for updates each year? Or Only VIP?

(Looks like support is only differnce)

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jeff Block,

You are correct. Please just choose Nitro VIP Access as it only includes Premium Support and Product Updates for 1-year.

VIP Access is the one that will allow you to a free upgrade of the next version of Nitro Pro upon its release.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.