zero activations out of 2, yet still cannot activate on new laptop

Kelly Valenzuela

Kelly Valenzuela

I got a new laptop and despite deactivating my old laptop's version of Nitro, I cannot get my serial number to work on the new laptop. I just bought this version (12) less than a year ago, so I hate to waste it and buy another. (And yes, I have 12 installed, not 13.) I keep getting caught in a support loop that never lets me submit my problem, and your support website has been no help as I've already deactivated my other version, etc. Please help! It's so frustrating to go through this every time I get a new PC or laptop. It really shouldn't be this hard. I have my version and serial number, and I've spent an hour on chat to no avail. Please advise.

Edited by Kelly Valenzuela

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kelly Valenzuela,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

To further assist you, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro 12 by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

We have a rare problem where occasionally Nitro can not create an ID on a computer and instead assigns it to be '00000000000000000000'. This ID causes a conflict on our activation server and will recover an error. If you have a computer that has this error, you can check Nitro Pro to see if it is the same computer ID through Help > About Nitro Pro > Activate > Advanced.

Please be aware that our ticketing system is the fastest way we can communicate with our customers with Nitro VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance). Otherwise, we recommend utilizing our Knowledge Base site http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase and to post your inquiry to our Community Forums https://community.gonitro.com/ (a page where other customers and Nitro Support team can collaborate and share solutions) 

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.