Icons on windows 10 desktop

acayral@free.fr

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @acayral@free.fr,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please provide a screenshot of your 'About Nitro Pro' window under Help tab? This window should show the exact build of the program and its serial number (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26). To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Lastly, could you please set your Nitro icon to appear within File Explorer to the Desktop folder by clicking the 'File' tab -> 'Change folder and search options'. On the ensuing pop up click the 'View' tab then select the checkbox for 'Always show icons, never thumbnails', after please press 'Apply'? How did it go?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

acayral@free.fr

Hello AllainU

Thank you for your answer. 

It was the problem 'Always show icons, never thumbnails'

Everything is OK now !

Thank you very much !

• 2 weeks later...
Antonio Teixeira

Good day

I'm having the same issue here.... any Nitro .pdf file that's on my desktop, is transparent?  It only views the small nitro icon at bottom right corner with the name of the file ?

It just magically disappeared after closing my email Outlook.

Please assist as I have been searching on the internet for solutions, but with no success??

Kind Regards

Antonio

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Antonio Teixeira,

Please be informed we have an internal case open with our product team regarding this issue, however, there is no ETA for the fix yet.

Rest assured our development team is doing their best for a fix and all updates will be available on this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes 

Please check for updates on page above from time to time.

In the meantime, please set Nitro icon to appear within File Explorer to the Desktop folder by clicking the 'File' tab -> 'Change folder and search options'. On the ensuing pop up click the 'View' tab then select the checkbox for 'Always show icons, never thumbnails', after please press 'Apply'

Thank you so much for your understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Antonio Teixeira

Hi Allain

Thanks for the feedback, however this will temporarily be the fix, however any other type of file's thumbnail will also be an icon instead of the document's thumbnail, which at least looks better and easier to recognise on my desktop.  What I can mention is the fact that I installed the current version yesterday as well and it might be that it's a bug within the current version 13.33.2.645 ??

But, I will check from time-to-time for the solution.

Regards

Edited by Antonio Teixeira

• 4 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @tc.espinola,

Release of the new build that contains the fix for the issue is targeted for this quarter (for the next 4-6 weeks).

Updated information will be posted on our website ( https://www.gonitro.com/support/documentation/release-notes ) as we firm-up the timing and scope of the upcoming release. 

As much as we would like to, we are unable to provide a specific timeline for its implementation due to other roadmap items we're currently working on. 

Thank you for your patience and stay safe always!

Antonio Teixeira

Good day

After installing the latest update ver. 13.35.3.685 > I'm still experiencing the same issue with only Pdf icon thumbnail previews?? (all other file format thumbnail previews are fine)

I uninstalled Nitro (a clean uninstall incl. all registry using Revo Uninstaller) then re-installed with NO difference??

I did some web searching for fixes without any success!

"Release of the new build that contains the fix for the issue is targeted for this quarter (for the next 4-6 weeks)"

Hello,

Just purchased Nitro Pro and same issue when I made Nitro the default app on windows 10 only to .pdf files.  When the fix is implemented in the coming build, will we be notified?

Thanks.

D. Lindsey

• I agree 1

Antonio Teixeira
10 hours ago, D. Lindsey said:

Hello,

Just purchased Nitro Pro and same issue when I made Nitro the default app on windows 10 only to .pdf files.  When the fix is implemented in the coming build, will we be notified?

Thanks.

D. Lindsey

It's very frustrating as before the current update, Nitro's AllainU notified that  the fix whould be implemented in the new update > which is the current update 13.35.3.685.

And still after the new update, that issue has not been amended?!

Agustín Martín

Hi Nitro Friends:

I just bought Nitro Pro 13.33.2.645 on February 22, 2021, will I have to pay for the new release with the bugs fix?

Regards,

A. Martín

Edited by Agustín Martín

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Antonio Teixeira @Agustín Martín,

My sincere apologies for the confusion.

Please note that the build that will address this bug is not included with Nitro Pro 13.35 build.

As much as we would like to, we are unable to provide a specific timeline for its implementation due to other roadmap items we're currently working on. 

Rest assured our development team is doing their best and all updates will be available on this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes 

Please check for updates on the above page from time to time.

Again, our sincere apologies for this incovenience.

• 5 weeks later...

yes please fix this. Lets make the icon something that stands out like the Nitro Pro logo or something - maybe a white document with a big nitro pdf logo in the middle. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin