ERROR 401

DAVID BRENER

Everytime I click on the program or open a document, I get the following 401 error.  "An error as occurred within our system. Please try again or contact support if error persists."   Luckily all I do is click on "OK" and it goes away and I can get into program or the document opens. Thanks.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @DAVID BRENER

Thank you for posting on our Community Forums!

Please use the tool I have provided below to remove all files associated with Nitro Pro and reboot your system.
https://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13332645/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro, so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. 

Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004307

When your system is back up, close all of your open applications and install Nitro Pro 13.33.2.645 from the page I have provided below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

I hope this helps! Please let me know how that goes.

Prakash Vaidya

Hi

I have exactly the same issue as David BUT I am using Nitro Pro 12.16.3.574.  How can I fix my problem as your solution is for cleaning /installing  Nitro Pro 13.33.2.645?

Thanks 

Chris

Prakash Vaidya

Not really - I still keep getting the error - apparently something in the Nitropro interface has changed as I did not get this before. It is quite irritating to have to encounter the error message everytime I try to use Nitro Pro,

Prakash Vaidya

Andy, 

It does not go away; The next time you go to use Nitro Pro, I believe you will encounter this error again. 

It is a bug in the system.

Chris

I followed instruction above to my initial query. It worked.  It installed 13. I was 12.  Been a week with no problems. Thanks to all who replied

Prakash Vaidya

David,  Thanks for your input - so from what I gather, even though you were licensed for 12, it allowed you to upgrade to 13 without additional cost, and it fixed the issue?

Chris

Prakash Vaidya

Hi, I followed the instructions given by Leslie and uninstalled my Nitro Pro version 12.xx and installed version 13. HOWEVER when I enter my serial number i get an error from the activation assistant "Serial number entered does not exist...."

please advise as now I have a non working Nitro Pro - unable to make a support ticket as it takes me me the community forums instead.

Had that problem too. What I had to enter was an activation number. Getting that was not easy. I found emails related to my purchase and that is where I found it. Just tried that number after the incorrect serial number message. May have to find the emails sent when you purchased it. If you can't do that I suggest you post a topic asking the group how to find your activation number. My gripe is there is no easy way to contact Nitro for direct help. Good luck. David

• Official Nitronaut

Hello,

The "Serial number entered does not exist...." error message means that the serial number you are trying to activate is for a different version of Nitro Pro.

If you have a Nitro Pro 12 key, it will only work on a Nitro Pro 12 installation. 

After the cleanup, please ensure that you get the Nitro Pro 12 installer from this page:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

It is just below the Nitro Pro 13 installer.

Please let me know how that goes.

I am also getting the 401 error message.  I tried the repair through the Control Panel, but that didn't help.  Also, when I have revised a document and try to resave it by overwriting my old pdf, I get a big error box that basically says that it contains an incorrect path so I have to resave it with a different name.  Also, I'm unable to open anything from pdf.  I have to open every pdf document through Google Drive which is an absolute pain.  Please help.

• Official Nitronaut
22 hours ago, MaryC said:

I am also getting the 401 error message.  I tried the repair through the Control Panel, but that didn't help.  Also, when I have revised a document and try to resave it by overwriting my old pdf, I get a big error box that basically says that it contains an incorrect path so I have to resave it with a different name.  Also, I'm unable to open anything from pdf.  I have to open every pdf document through Google Drive which is an absolute pain.  Please help.

Hello MaryC,

If you are using Nitro Pro 12, please try to sign in to Nitro Sign through the 'Log In' option on the top right corner of Nitro Pro 12.

If you are using Nitro Pro 13, please ensure you have the latest build installed. You can get the latest version 13 installer here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

I really need help.  Every time I try to save a document, I get this huge error box that basically says I have an incorrect path.  This problem recently started within the last week.  It is also making my Windows Explorer hang when trying to save. It does the same thing when I try to overwrite a document.  I can't reach any telephone help, and I can't continue to work today because of it.  PLEASE ASSIST!