Cannot combine files

Steven Buckley

Steven Buckley

I have the same problem -- unable to combine any files unless they were pdf'd first.  There is nobody to speak with.  Furthermore, there is no way to change my email on this support community.  Edit does not work to allow an email change. How frustrating to have a company (yours) that cannot be contacted. 

If you can contact me, please change my email to s*****@gmail.com and respond with a fix. 

Edited by Reymund G.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @shbuxy@yahoo.com,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I understand that you are experiencing an issue combining documents in Nitro Pro.

What are the type of files (.docx, .xlsx, .txt) that you would like to convert and combine in Nitro Pro? 
Is the issue happening regardless of the number of documents you try to combine?
Please describe the steps you were taking (workflow) when combining the documents in Nitro Pro. 
Is there an error message when it fails to combine the document? If yes, please take a screenshot. 

Lastly, what is the version and exact build of Nitro Pro installed on your computer? This can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

Regarding the change of your Nitro Community Forum account's email address, please note that the email address you use here and on the Nitro Sign are the same. If you would like to change the email address, this changes will also reflect on your Nitro Sign account. Kindly let me know if you would like to proceed on changing your email address.

Kind regards,

Steven Buckley
On 1/30/2021 at 2:46 PM, shbuxy@yahoo.com said:

I have the same problem -- unable to combine any files unless they were pdf'd first.  There is nobody to speak with.  Furthermore, there is no way to change my email on this support community.  Edit does not work to allow an email change. How frustrating to have a company (yours) that cannot be contacted. 

If you can contact me, please change my email to s*****@gmail.com and respond with a fix. 

1 hour ago, Reymund G. said:

Hi @shbuxy@yahoo.com,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I understand that you are experiencing an issue combining documents in Nitro Pro.

What are the type of files (.docx, .xlsx, .txt) that you would like to convert and combine in Nitro Pro? 
Is the issue happening regardless of the number of documents you try to combine?
Please describe the steps you were taking (workflow) when combining the documents in Nitro Pro. 
Is there an error message when it fails to combine the document? If yes, please take a screenshot. 

Lastly, what is the version and exact build of Nitro Pro installed on your computer? This can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

Regarding the change of your Nitro Community Forum account's email address, please note that the email address you use here and on the Nitro Sign are the same. If you would like to change the email address, this changes will also reflect on your Nitro Sign account. Kindly let me know if you would like to proceed on changing your email address.

Kind regards,

Thank you for your reply.  Here are the answers to your questions:

The following Microsoft files cannot be combined into a PDF:  .docx, .and xlsx.   Only if I first create individual PDF's with Nitro, am I then able to use the combine function successfully.

Yes, it is happening regardless of number of files.  It will not combine 2  or more files. 

The steps are  -- open Nitro   Latest update is that I now receive an ERROR 401 - each time that I open Nitro.  I click OK and Nitro opens. 

Workflow: I click "combine."  Then Add Files.  I attach the first file by browsing, highlighting the file, and clicking on open. Then I "Add Files" to attach the second file.  I click on "Create." I assign a new name for the PDF destination file. The first file appears to convert (it shows that the file conversion for the first file only) was successful; and then the second file shows no progress indefinitely (just a progress bar that hangs up).  I must cancel the process by clicking on cancel/OK.   

Product/Build:      Nitro Pro (12.16.3.574) x64

Finally, the email address that is on your site is a yahoo.com address that I no longer use.  I cannot change it myself. The correct address is shbuxy@gmail.com

Thank you, and I look forward to your response. 

Edited by shbuxy@yahoo.com

Steven Buckley

Does Nitro just ignore problems?  How many days does it take to get a response on your software that does not perform properly?  I have sent 3 messages with details above. Now, I cannot open Nitro without an error message plus it will not combine files.  I am just going to throw out the software, lose my money on your subscription, and buy software from a vendor who cares about its customers.  Ignoring your base of customers is not the way to build a brand.  I will make sure that I alert others to this lack of interest in fixing problems. 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @shbuxy@yahoo.com,

My sincere apologies for the delay. 
In checking the screenshot you sent, you are getting the 401 error message when opening Nitro Pro. 
Please consider the following steps then see if it will address the combine issue and 401 error message:

A. Repair Nitro Pro installation. Please refer to the link below on how to repair Nitro Pro:
https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000004603

B. Restart the computer. 
C. Open Nitro Pro then close the 401 error message if it shows up. 
D. At the top right, click the Logout button then close Nitro Pro. 
E. Open again Nitro Pro, click the Login button then login again using your Nitro Sign account. 

Please observe if then 401 error message persists each time you open Nitro Pro.

As per the combine issue, I have attached three (3) documents here (.docx. .txt, and .xlxs), please download these files then try to combine them. When combining, try to set your desktop as the destination folder.

I made a screencast as a reference when I combine those 3 documents. Please see below:

Regarding the changing of email address of your account, I have responded to your message to confirm the email address. 

Kind regards,

New Text Document1.txt TestDocument.docx Testdocument1.xlsx

Edited by Reymund G.

• 2 weeks later...
Steven Buckley

Reymund - while the original fixes that you provided worked, the one thing that continues to occur is that I am evidently regularly logged out of Nitro for no reason.  This happens every day, or so, and I must  go through a logout and then log back in process.  When I log in, everything is OK, until Nitro again logs me out again, by itself. Unless I do that, I continually receive a 401 error message.  Please advise. 

• 2 weeks later...
Steven Buckley

Reymund - while the original fixes that you provided worked, the one thing that continues to occur is that I am evidently regularly logged out of Nitro for no reason.  This happens every day, or so, and I must  go through a logout and then log back in process.  When I log in, everything is OK, until Nitro again logs me out again, by itself. Unless I do that, I continually receive a 401 error message upon opening the app.  Please advise. 

You also did not fix my email as requested.  

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @shbuxy@yahoo.com,

We've released a new build of Nitro Pro 12 (12.16.9.574) and the installer is located here https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link. 

Before you update your Nitro Pro 12, please logout to your Nitro Sign account by opening Nitro Pro then click the Sign out button located at the top right of the application. When done, proceed on running the .exe file from the above link to update your Nitro Pro 12 to 12.16.9.574. Once installed, check the build by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro, it should says 12.16.9.574. Proceed then on signing in to your Nitro Sign account by clicking the Log in button at the top right of the program.

Regarding the change of email address on your Nitro Sign account, I will make a follow up on this request. 

Kind regards,

Edited by Reymund G.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @shbuxy@yahoo.com,

My apologies for the delay. A support case will be created on your behalf to further troubleshoot this issue. We will send the support case response to your outlook.com email address.

Kind regards,