Multipage Map Series I printed off of ArcGIS Pro the PDF takes forever to load

Frank Sims

Good Afternoon,

I have Nitro Pro 13.33.2.645

When I load a large multipage Map Series I printed off of ArcGIS Pro the PDF takes forever to load.

When I load it in Adobe or KoFax Power PDF it loads instantly.

This is causing me to want to find another PDF viewer if this cannot be fixed soon.

Do you have nay suggestions on why this PDF is loading slow in Nitro but not in other PDF software?

Frank

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Frank Sims,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Kindly note that ArcGIS files (to check, go to File > Document Properties) contain rendered content/drawings and printing using the Nitro PDF Creator requires Nitro Pro to basically re-render and re-draw the content to a PDF. This can cause the Nitro software to freeze or crash, especially if the ArcGIS file has much content or several layers of drawings.

To bring in an ArcGIS file into Nitro Pro:

a. Open the file in ArcGIS > File > Export to an image format. (i.e. .jpg or .png format)
b. Open Nitro Pro > click on the Home tab > PDF > From File > Add Files > select the image file. This will convert the image to a PDF format. 

This process works over the direct print using the Nitro PDF Creator, since it does not require Nitro Pro to render the content in the ArcGIS file.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

No I dont think you understand what I am saying.

I created a Map Series in ArcGIS 2.6......then Printed it using Microsoft Print to PDF (its 88 Pages).

Adobe and KoFax Power PDF can open it like a normal PDF with no lag when it opens, but when I try and open the same PDF file Nitro take 30 sec or more.

Why does it take so long for Nitro to open the PDF File but Adobe and KoFax is nearly instant?

Frank