Edit Function

Frans Heidweiller

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Frans Heidweiller,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the following information?:

-Build of Nitro Pro are you working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 
-Where are the files saved (local, a shared drive or an external drive) when you are trying to edit? Can you check if you have the same issue when the file is saved locally?
-A screen shot of the error message you are receiving and/or any important information. To find out how to take a screen shot using Snipping Tool, check out this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots-00246869-1843-655f-f220-97299b865f6b

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Frans Heidweiller

Hey Allain

My build is 13.33.2.645.

It used to work when I first installed Nitropro. It happens now with every file.

Files are saved on a portable drive. I moved a couple to my local drive and the issue is still the same. I do not get an error. When i hover in edit over an item I can click on it but it dos not edit as an example a character.

Please advise how to send private message with file.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

For the sake of initial troubleshooting of this rare issue, we recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro. Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You may refer to this article: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000004603 

If Modify button is greyed-out, please refer to this screen-cast that will teach you on how to go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features and repair your Nitro Pro program or any application installed on your system:
https://www.screencast.com/t/rvpUkq40c

If repairing didn't help and in order to send me a private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Frans Heidweiller

Allain,

I send you a message last week. The EDIT function is not working at all even after the reapirs. So should I uninstall and re-install NitroPro going forward?

Please advise.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Thank you for the private message.

I have checked the screenshot and your sample file and I can see it was printed to your Nitro PDF Creator 13.33. Please note that when printing to our virtual printer, the program converts the file to a vector/image format (similar to a scanned file).

In this situation, you may run OCR with Searchable and Editable (under Review tab) so you can edit some fields, however for those texts that are in vertical form, Edit tool will not work.

To know more about this limitation, please refer to below details with regard to OCR feature:

•The search function will only work if there is text to search in the document
•If it's a scanned file. I recommend always working with the original 'digital' file (before it was printed and scanned) as all the data is lost when the file is printed
•Ensure the document is upright (text reads left to right, up and down).
•Scan the original image with a higher DPI or quality.
•Ensure there is as little noise as possible on the document.
•No handwritten content. Text should best resemble recognizable fonts on a computer.
•If the file is quite large, OCR can take a while to process all the pages.
If you only need to search through certain pages, I recommend only using the 'Make Searchable' option, and adjusting the page range
•You can also adjust the quality, so it scans through quicker, though may miss some information if the document is difficult to process.

For your PDF file, the best option we can offer you is to first make the necessary changes using the original software (e.g. AutoCAD or a-like) before printing to your PDF Creator.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.