Sign a protected document

Peter Tymoshyshyn

Peter Tymoshyshyn

I am required to protect documents I send out with passwords due to GDPR which is fairly straight forward.

Also obtaining signatures is a really useful feature.

How do I request a signature for an encrypted document?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Peter Tymoshyshyn,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Are you password protecting documents using Nitro Pro and you would like to request signature through Nitro Sign?

Please note that Nitro Sign uses Digital Signature for Requesting Signatures. When a Digital Signature is placed on a document, it also comes with ranging levels of security. This security option will prevent you from doing certain tasks and editing on the document.

With regard to Password Security of Nitro Pro, it uses a different way of protecting documents where you can set a password to open or to limit changes to the document itself.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Peter Tymoshyshyn

Yes. I am password protecting the pdf using the 'open password' function within Nitro pro. I then would like to send this password protected pdf  for signature using Nitro sign but it doesn't let me.

The error message is 'The file you are working with is a secure document and not supported. Is there a round this?

The forms I am sending out contain personal data so need to be password protected because of GDPR. I also need to obtain a signature too and it'd be really handy if I could do it all within Nitro.

Thank you in advance

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Peter Tymoshyshyn,

Thank you for this information and as much as I would like to assist you with your concern, this is not yet possible at the moment and we are always looking to improve Nitro Pro that is why customer’s feedback are important to us.

If you would like to request a change in how Nitro Sign handles digitally-signed PDF files, you can submit the request directly to our Cloud Product Team using the link:  https://community.gonitro.com/forum/16-nitro-sign/

While we cannot guarantee each feature request submitted will be granted, rest assured our development team will be notified.

In behalf Nitro, my apologies for this.