PDF Thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

Page Britt

Now that I'm on the current build of Nitro Pro 13 and have successfully reactivated I am back to the original issue which led me to remove and reinstall in the first place, namely No thumbnails of PDF files on the desktop or in File Explorer. I have deleted the thumbnail cache and tried changing the folder view settings to no avail. Interestingly preview does work correctly in File Explorer though. Thumbnails for other file types are working as expected.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Page Britt

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This is a known issue in the latest build and our team are working on having it fixed. We do not have an ETA yet, but please check for updates here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Please let me know if you have other questions.

In the meantime is it possible to download the download a previous build build that does not have this issue, perhaps ver. 13.2.2.25 or 13.19.2.356?
I still have the 13.2.2.25 installer but it now fails with a resources not found message when I run it.

• 4 weeks later...
Giancarlo Villani

Also with the latest 13.35.3.685 release the issue is not solved!

We need to uninstall and install it again? Because the simple update doesn't solve.

Thanks in advance

Giancarlo Villani
On 2/11/2021 at 4:48 PM, Leslie V. said:

Hello @Page Britt

This is a known issue in the latest build and our team are working on having it fixed. We do not have an ETA yet, but please check for updates here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Any news about  a solution?

• 4 weeks later...
Steve Amerige
  1. Are there any workarounds to remediate this issue in full or in part (for example, using a third-party tool that performs thumbnail generation)?
  2. When visiting https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads, or in individual Release notes, what should we search for to discover whether this issue has been fixed?
  3. Is there a Goal Date for remediation?
  • I agree 1

Giancarlo Villani
On 2/11/2021 at 4:48 PM, Leslie V. said:

Hello @Page Britt

Dear @Leslie V. with the latest available release 13.35.3.685 dated 04 March 2021 the issue still exists and it's a big bug for the user experience.

I know that I don't have VIP support, but this bug is prioritary to solve for everyone. Could you please check if there are some news updates for the solution?

Thanks in advance

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Giancarlo Villani

A bug case has already been escalated and it is currently being worked on by our Product team.

Once the fix or update is ready, it will be available here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

We do not have an ETA yet, but this is one of the cases we are actively working on.

Giancarlo Villani

Hello @Leslie V.

Thanks for your reply.

I only inform you that I have just installed the latest release 13.38.1.739 April 6, 2021, but the bug still persists.

I hope that shortly will be released a bug fix version.

Thanks again and let us know informed about a solution released.

Laurie Cammett

I recently upgraded to Version 13 from Version 10.  I have had the previous issue of the documents not showing a thumbnail at all.  After installing the updated 13.38.1.739 as suggested in a post (which I cannot find at the moment) most of my documents will now preview but not the ones that were done possibly during a certain recent timeframe.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Laurie Cammett @Giancarlo Villani

This has been fixed in 13.38.1.739.

But the old thumbnails need to be recreated. 

1. Open File Explorer.
  2. On the left pane, click This PC.
  3. Right-click the drive where Windows 10 is installed, and select Properties.
  4. Click the Disk Cleanup button.
  5. Check the Thumbnails option, and uncheck all the other options.
  6. Click OK.

Please let us know how that goes for you.

Edited by Leslie V.