Nitro Sign Signature Failed

Ryan Akers

I created a pdf in Pro 13.26.3.305 and then used Request Signature to map fields for customer to sign via Nitro Sign. My customer is getting an error after submit is clicked. Customer is not using a Nitro online account, they are doing this as a guest.

Tried to put image in dropbox and share link with insert image from url but it failed.

After hitting submit, in the upper right corner we get an error, "Signing Failed Oops something went wrong. Let us know what happened undefined"

Edited by Ryan Akers
Spelling

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ryan Akers,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you, kindly update to 13.33 using below direct MSI installer links:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13332645/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13332645/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

To know if you have 32-bit or 64-bit, please refer to this article:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/15056/windows-32-64-bit-faq

After updating, perform again your workflow by re-uploading the affected through your Nitro Pro program ang clicking Request Signature button under Home tab.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

Hi,

I installed the new version, now running 13.33.2.645. This has fixed the problem. However, is it correct that any pdf's created in the old version will not work with cloud signature if the file is opened and then we attempt the process with the new version? Meaning the pdf has to be rendered by the new version of Nitro and then sent to cloud signature in order to work?

Update to this ticket. Right after the upgrade we tested an it worked as expected. Later in the day we sent a new pdf to a customer to sign via cloud and they received the signature failed message as described above so we seem to be back to not being able to request signatures via the cloud service?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ryan Akers,

Thank you for your response and our apologies for the inconvenience.

Does this happen when requesting signature with all documents or just with one?

If this is happening with just one document, would it be possible re-uploading the PDF file and sending another signature request? How did it go?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

I tried creating a new pdf, the request signature. Prepare the signature for signature and send for signing. Use the link in firefox. Followed the signing steps and hit submit. Same error, signature failed, processing error. Tried in chrome also, same error. Tried the link on a separate computer, same error. It appears I can not get cloud signature to work?

More on this topic. Did some additional testing and updated print driver and may have found an issue.

When we create signatures we use 4 fields: Signature, Name, Title, Date (user can't change). What I found is that if I map Signature alone or Signature and Name I can successfully sign the pdf in the cloud.

If I add a 3rd field, title or date, doesn't make a difference which the signature fails. My conclusion is if I want to create a signature request and I use more than 2 fields it will fail.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hi @Ryan Akers,

Thank you for this information.

We will do some tests on our end and we'll get back to you once we have an update.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and stay safe always!