Cannot fill out Gov't NFFBAR form

ronr

This form can be filled out and processed by Adobe Acrobat Reader. But with Nitro Pro, I can't even fill it out.

Also, filled out forms of this type, when opened in Nitro Pro, do not show any of the form information. I don't know what kind of form this is, but I've had problems with other government (US IRS) fillable forms also.

It is difficult for to justify the price for this "Acrobat replacement" when it is not.  But perhaps I'm doing something wrong. 

version 13.33.2.645. 

And the form can be downloaded at Individuals Filing the Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) (treas.gov) by selecting the "File PDF FBAR" "Prepare" option.

Thanks for any assistance.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @ronr

Thanks for reaching out!

We reviewed this file and found that it utilizes forms architecture that is non-standard. Our Product & Engineering team is actively investigating options to improve Nitro's ability to handle non-standard PDF document-types, but this is a significant product roadmap initiative, and unfortunately, there isn't a short-term solution. 

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Since there seem to be other fillable IRS forms that seem to suffer from the same issue, I'd think having Nitro Pro being able to handle them should be given high priority.

Thank you.