Nitro pro 12 activation discontinued

Vincent Terpe

Vincent Terpe

So, Nitro needs more money. So, the product I currently have can't be activated in the future. So, as long as I never need to do a clean install of my current PC I'm fine, but I'm screwed otherwise. I'm forced to pay for an upgrade. I've tried 13 and it isn't worth $40.

Microsoft discontinues support for old products, but they don't prevent you from continuing to use them. Nitro's policy is not good customer service. 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Vincent Terpe,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

A single-user Nitro Pro license is perpetual and you can continuously use it when you move or upgrade to another machine. As long as you have a copy of the serial number and install the appropriate Nitro Pro version, you will be able to activate it.

You can send me your Nitro Pro serial number so I could check and recommend you the correct Nitro Pro version so you can continuously use it in the future.

Kind regards,

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Vincent Terpe,

That email is legit and it pertains to the serial numbers that are running on old licensing server platform. Your single-user license will work with the latest build of Nitro Pro 12 which is 12.16.9.574 and the installer can be located here https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link.

Once Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574, you can activate it by opening the program then go to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro then click the Activate button. Enter your serial number then click on Activate. 

If you encounter an activation error message, please provide us the following:

1. Screenshot of the About Nitro Pro window (the path is Help tab then click the About Nitro Pro).

2. Screenshot of the activation error message.

3. The serial number you are using to activate the software. 

Kind regards, 

Edited by Reymund G.

Vincent Terpe

I see, so the email didn't include enough information, as in, "your Nitro 10... will be discontinued... but your Nitro 12 will continue..."

Again, as far as I can see, there isn't a way to provide you with a screenshot other than jumping through hoops.

Well, thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
Vincent Terpe

Again, another stupid email from Nitro. 

So, if my license is truly perpetual, then why am I receiving this email? And if it pertains to the old Nitro 10 license that I upgraded to Nitro 12 more than a year ago A) why doesn't the email stipulate which product it is referring to and B) why is it sending this notification when I have previously upgraded?

The Nitro Team <product.updates@gonitro.com> Unsubscribe

Mon, Mar 15, 4:30 AM (3 days ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Hi Vincent,

We’re following up on our previous communication regarding our server upgrade and the impact to your Nitro Pro product. If you’ve already taken action to update Nitro Pro, please ignore this message.

The old server that runs your version of Nitro Pro will be shut down on March 31st, 2021, and an important software upgrade is required to ensure you can continue using Nitro Pro without the risk of activation issues after that date.

Please be reassured that your software will continue working after March 31st, 2021—however, should Nitro Pro be deactivated after that date, you won’t be able to reactivate it without updating or upgrading. As such, we have made easy upgrade options available to minimize the potential of disruption to your usage.

Please visit our information page linked below to learn more.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Vincent Terpe,

The emails you received about the upcoming license server upgrade only affect the serial number based versions (Nitro Pro 12 and below).
The version 12 and below licenses will be upgraded to a newer server platform and to continue using these licenses, a specific version and build of Nitro Pro should be installed. 

My sincere apologies for the confusion this has caused you. If you have already installed Nitro Pro is 12.16.9.574 and activated it using your existing serial number, please disregard the message. 

Kind regards,