Retirement of re-activation of older Nitro product - unacceptable !!!

Joerg Mueller

Joerg Mueller

Just received an email that Nitro is switching any servers soon and that from 31 March the re-activation of older Nitro product licences will be not longer possible. THID IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. We've paid for it and in case a computer is getting damaged with us, we need an opportunity to reactivate the purchased licence on another computer.

Here the costumer should be enforced to spend money again for product updates which he don't need. I understand that you have to make money, but not this way!

In case Nitro is doing this, we will not longer purchase new licences when buying new computers for new employees. Fortunately there are good competitor products available in the market.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Joerg

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I understand your frustration. Please note though that the upgrade to version 13 is optional. Users of Nitro Pro 11 and older need only to get the version 12 and then activate with their same license key.

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Joerg Mueller

Hi Leslie,

If this is true that all customers of Nitro Pro 11 and older are able to upgrade to version 12 for free, using their "old" licence keys, then this would be highly appreciated. At the first glance this was not clearly announced for us within the email and at the linked landing page. But you are right, we should have read until the end, especially the right side of the website. So I have no problem to say I'm sorry for my claim above.

BTW: Your link is leading to a download page for "online customers" only, where we could download an about 1.8 MB setup file. But this didn't work in past. For our installations we always used the current msi file of about 180 to 213 MB in size. Where we could download the final v12 version as msi file? Or has this been changed and we could use the small setup.exe as well?