Error Code: 0x400D016A

Mary Smith

Hi there: I was trying to open a pdf and received an error code: 0x400D016A. Can anybody help with the reason I was getting of this code? Thanks and regards

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Mary Smith,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

A "0x400..." error codes are actually Microsoft Network error codes that are passed on to Nitro Pro.
Here's how you can interpret the error code 0x400D016A:

The last four digits above (016A) are a Windows Error code which should shed light on the nature of the issue. These 4 digits are in hexadecimal format so first you need to convert this to a decimal number using a converter such as the one here: http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converter 

Once you have the number, you can look it up using Microsoft's database of error codes: 
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681381(v=vs.85).aspx 

Unfortunately, Microsoft's error codes do not show the meaning of error code 0x400D016A. 

Is that error message happening to all the files you open in Nitro Pro?
Are the files, giving this error code, located on a network/share drive or local drive like desktop?
What is the version of your Nitro Pro? This information can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

Kind regards,

Hi Reymund:

Thank you for your kind reply and the information regarding how to decipher MS codes. The error message only occurs when I try to open files from a shared network.  I am running Nitro version: 13.35.3.685.

Thanks and regards

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @Mary Smith,

If you copy the files from the network shared drive to your local drive like desktop, were you able to successfully open the PDF file in Nitro Pro?

Kind regards,

• 2 years later...
BERNARD DEPEYRE

Bonjour J'essai d'ouvrir un pdf que j'ai créé avec NITRO et j'ai toujours le code d'erreur 0-x400D016A

Que faire ?

Translation:

Hello I try to open a pdf that I created with NITRO and I always have the error code 0-x400D016A

What to do ?

Edited by Reymund G.
Added Translation