"Action required: your Nitro product" Real or Scam?

Nabil Nazer

Nabil Nazer

I'm getting an email from Nitro saying that they are upgrading their servers and I need to click on a link to upgrade by 31 Mar or else my license will be deactivated. It sounded phishy to me so didn't press the link and when i log into Nitro it shows I have the latest update. Is this message real or a scam?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Nabil,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

If you are already using Nitro Pro 13, your installation will not be affected by the server update.

We do not require but recommend that you install the latest update of Nitro Pro 13 from here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

If you are using Nitro Pro 12 or older, please send me your serial number so I can check.

Cheers!

I received the same email and when I clicked on the link to take me to the Nitro website to purchase a purported required upgrade, my Firefox browser also notified me that my email and password had been compromised in a recent hack of Nitro's servers.  It would have been nice if Nitro had notified their customers of the hack!

Anway, I'm also interested in learning whether this email is a scam.

Good Morning - i also have received these emails.  i have several versions of Nitro, and i was trying to find out if it is the Nitro 12 that needs to be updated, or older versions?

Thank you

• Official Nitronaut
2 hours ago, J Gorrell said:

Good Morning - i also have received these emails.  i have several versions of Nitro, and i was trying to find out if it is the Nitro 12 that needs to be updated, or older versions?

Thank you

Hello @J Gorrell

If you have Nitro Pro 12 installed, please install the latest Nitro Pro 12 update and reactivate: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

If you have version 11 and older, you also have to install Nitro Pro 12 and activate using the same serial numbers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I need to update v12 because of the server update.   I followed this link on under the "update current version" option on the update web page:

https://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/release_tracking/retail/nitro_pro12.exe.

This gives me the option to download an exe file, nitro_pro12,exe.   However when I open this file it just gives me the option to uninstall.  This is obviously not what I want to do.  Any ideas?

Edited by Valuology

Yes, it was not clear to me that we were to update the Nitro version. i interpreted that we had to upgrade to version 13.  I'm happy it was clarified.  Thank you!