Email about software upgrade - is it a phony?

Kathleen Allardyce

Kathleen Allardyce

Hi - I received an email that looked legit. But, it said that I need to upgrade because NitroPro is upgrading their servers and my version won't work right after March 31, 2021.

However, I have the latest version, V13.

So, does anyone know what's happening? Will my Nitro Pro stop working?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Kathleen Allardyce,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

The email you received about license server upgrade is legit and it will only affect the serial number based versions of our legacy products (Nitro Pro 12 and below). Version 13 serial numbers and installations are not affected by this license server upgrade.

Your Nitro Pro 13 installation will remain activate and should not stop working.

Kind regards,

Kathleen Allardyce

Thanks for the reply Reymund. It might have been better if you hadn't sent the email to people with V13. It makes me think that you don't know I have the latest version, but my serial number is active.

I'm glad to know everything is OK.

Thanks again.

Steve Cannon

I received the exact same (confusing) email MULTIPLE TIMES.  And I've spent WAY TOO MUCH time trying to confirm that my software won't be deactivated.  It takes you to the upgrade page, then you have to go check you really have v13 installed (which I had upgraded to BEFORE it was released).  Then search through support to see if there is something uniquely wrong with my serial #.

PLEASE FIX THIS FRUSTRATING EMAIL!  Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Steve Cannon,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

The emails you received about the upcoming license server upgrade only affect the serial number based versions (Nitro Pro 12 and below).
The version 12 and below licenses will be upgraded to a newer licensing platform and to continue using these licenses, a specific version and build of Nitro Pro should be installed. 

My sincere apologies for the confusion this has caused you. In checking your latest license purchase, it is already on version 13. Your Nitro Pro 13 installation activated by your version 13 serial number is not affected by this server upgrade.

Kind regards,

• 7 months later...

Reymund... THANK YOU!  I "relaxed" after your confirmation back on March 24th.  Sure enough yesterday (Nov 11) I had to "uninstall" and "reinstall" on a new laptop and I had NO ISSUES.   So I can confirm your info above was correct.   (Can't imagine how many other loyal NitroPro users were worried, given the confusing message.)