Why Poor Resolution

Ira Lieberman

Ira Lieberman

I am able to create a PDF of L.A. Times pages.  Nitro Pro PDF was an option as was the L.A. Times "Print to PDF" option.  I was surprise/not happy that the results using Nitro Pro PDF (I have latest) was noticeably poorer than when created when I select L.A. Times PDF option.  I did not see any option in the Nitro menu to improve it.

http://test.compuart.us/ See attach (captions) and explain why the pdf created using the Nitro option has much poorer resolution when zoomed out same amount as the L.A. Times PDF option???

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ira Lieberman,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and for sharing those screenshots.

To further assist you, what is your exact workflow in converting the original document? Was the document open using a browser, you pressed CTRL+P, selected Nitro PDF Creator and hit Print button?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Ira Lieberman

Printing from a button within the L.A. Times online options.  When I click Print, it brings up a dialog that INCLUDED Nitro Pro PDF as one of the options.  I made that clear that was what i was comparing to a PDF created using its own embedded create option.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ira Lieberman,

Thank you for your response.

Could you please capture a video-cast so we can see your work-flow in action? To take a video-cast, we suggest using TechSmith Capture (formerly Jing), since its free and easy to record video by clicking 'Capture a Video' then 'Record' button. Once done performing the workflow, click 'Stop' then 'Upload to Screencast' button to link the video.

Then copy the link by clicking 'Copy' button then hit 'Okay' to close the window and provide me the URL / link of the uploaded video on your next response.

Here's a link to the TechSmith download page: https://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/ 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.