Blurry display

Megan Astman

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Megan Astman,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please provide a screenshot of your 'About Nitro Pro' window under Help tab? This window should show the exact build of the program (format is 11.X.X.X, e.g. 11.0.7.411). 

Lastly, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 10 months later...
Phillip Bohning

Blurry and/or Tiny

• After upgrading from NitroPDF Pro v11 to v13, I noticed the interface and documents were blurry.  I changed the DPI settings as specified below and that helped, but not 100% - still a little blurry interface and documents compared to other PDF programs.
  • After the DPI changes, text throughout the interface of Nitro PDF is too small to read on my 17 inch laptop screen.
  • Increasing the display scale to 125% in Windows Settings helped with reading the interface, but then the printer dialog/print preview partially appears below my screen. I had increased the display scale when using version 11 (and the printer dialog didn't appear off the screen), but was hoping I wouldn't need to do this for version 13 and that printer dialog would still be fully visible as in version 11.

I consider NitroPDF to be a premium product and have recommended it for years as an IT Professional.  I will keep using the program when I need premium features, but it is disappointing that the program doesn't have more premium display options for better usabiliity.

Thank you for any suggestions you might provide, and I hope the issues are addressed better in an upcoming revision of NitroPDF.

My version of NitroPDF:  13.16.2.300

Windows Edition    Windows 11 Home
Version    21H2
Installed on    ‎12/‎12/‎2021
OS build    22000.527
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.527.0

Display Resolution:  1920 x 1080

Changing the DPI Settings for Nitro PDF

1. Right-click Nitro Pro desktop shortcut.
  2. Nitro Pro Properties window will open, click on Compatibility tab.
  3. Under Settings, click on Change high DPI settings.
  4. Another Nitro Pro Properties window will open.
  5. Enable 'Override high DPI scaling behavior.'
  6. Scaling Performed by:  Application.
  7. OK > OK to save the setting and test Nitro Pro again.