Error 0x40030004 when opening secured PDF

Ira Townsend

Ira Townsend

I receive an "Error 0x40030004" when trying to open a secured PDF.  The same file will open fine in Adobe Reader.

I have repaired Nitro PDF 13 as well as removing and re-installing it with no improvement.

A work around I'm currently using is to open the PDF in Adobe Reader and print to a normal PDF file.  I am then able to open the file just fine.

Is there a patch or fix for this?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Ira,

Thanks for your message - I'm happy to assist you.

So that we can troubleshoot the problem, please provide me with the following:
- The file you are working on
- What exact version of Nitro you are using (You can retrieve this information by going to the Help tab> About Nitro Pro.)
- The exact steps you are taking
- A screen shot of what you are seeing or any error message you are receiving

I look forward to your response.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello @Sl TWA

Sorry to hear you are also getting this error message. Could you please provide me with the following:

- The file you are trying to open so we can test

- A screenshot of the error message

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Blaine Eaddy

I am also having problems with error code 0x40030004. I have 200 licenses of Nitro that may soon turn into 200 paid copies of Adobe Acrobat if I cannot get this fixed

• Official Nitronaut
On 4/12/2021 at 11:53 PM, Blaine Eaddy said:

I am also having problems with error code 0x40030004. I have 200 licenses of Nitro that may soon turn into 200 paid copies of Adobe Acrobat if I cannot get this fixed

Hello @Blaine Eaddy

We have created a support ticket so we can assist you directly.

Cheers!

Shane Child

This issue seems to be occurring in the latest version of Nitro Pro as of 4/13/21. I have tested the install on multiple machines and even the free trial and same issue with secured documents.

"The document < > could not be opened. Please contact Nitro support for assistance. Error code: 0x40030004"

I was unable to recreate this issue in Nitro Pro 10 which would be an older version. It opened the file fine and explained it had security attributes on it. As mentioned by other users, the file opens in Adobe and other pdf viewers.

https://imgur.com/a/tIUVkA6  <- Image of error

https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/sum100.pdf   <- Direct download link to a secured PDF we need from the CA Judicial court website.

Please contact me to assist or troubleshoot.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

We did recently discover a bug in certain builds of Nitro Pro 13 causing the '0x40030004' error that you are encountering. We do have a fix planned for an upcoming release of Nitro Pro 13. In the meantime, you can downgrade to another build of Nitro Pro 13 which does not have this issue.

You can simply uninstall your current version and then install the version linked below:

Version 13.24

Once the fix is available, you can go to this page and get the latest update: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy

Please let me know if you have other questions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi Everyone, 

The Nitro Pro 13.40 was release last April 29th and the error message 0x40030004 appears to be resolved
The latest build of Nitro Pro 13 can be located from the following location: 

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link 

To check the build of your Nitro Pro 13 installation, open the software then go to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

If you have an old Nitro Pro license and interested to upgrade to version 13 with a discounted price, the upgrade can be done through our Upgrade Portal - https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade 

Kind regards, 

Edited by Reymund G.

• 4 weeks later...
Tom Shearer

We're also experiencing 0x40030004, but the links provided by Reymund above show the latest as the version we're already on.  Any tips on how to get 13.40?

Latest version: 13.38.1.739

Release date: April 7, 2021

Product Updates:  Nitro Product Updates | Download Recent Nitro Pro Releases (gonitro.com)

Release Notes:  Nitro Pro Release Notes | Details on New Features, Bug Fixes (gonitro.com)