Jump to content

QuickSign No Longer Seems Secure


Chase Barfield
 Share

Recommended Posts

Chase Barfield

I had NitroPro on a different computer. I believe it was version 11. I deactivated and moved it to a new computer. This time I installed version 12.

On the other computer, after I did a QuickSign, it had an "Apply" type function. When you clicked on it, it made the signature part of the document. You could not edit or move it. And you could not click on it to activate it and then right click and copy it.

Now, when I do the QuickSign, the signature remains in a state where whoever opens it can simply click on it to activate and right click or CTRL + C / Command + C and copy the signature.

This is a lot less secure. Is there a way to re-enable the function that makes the signature no longer "editable" after it is placed on the document?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2021 at 12:48 PM, Chase Barfield said:

I had NitroPro on a different computer. I believe it was version 11. I deactivated and moved it to a new computer. This time I installed version 12.

On the other computer, after I did a QuickSign, it had an "Apply" type function. When you clicked on it, it made the signature part of the document. You could not edit or move it. And you could not click on it to activate it and then right click and copy it.

Now, when I do the QuickSign, the signature remains in a state where whoever opens it can simply click on it to activate and right click or CTRL + C / Command + C and copy the signature.

This is a lot less secure. Is there a way to re-enable the function that makes the signature no longer "editable" after it is placed on the document?

 

I noticed this, but it seems once the file is saved the quicksign is 'burned in' like you'd expect.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chase Barfield
8 hours ago, RyanW said:

 

I noticed this, but it seems once the file is saved the quicksign is 'burned in' like you'd expect.

 

Thanks RyanW. That was my main concern was that it is burned in. Perhaps it was editable by me because I was signed into NitroPro and it recognized I was the one that placed it there in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Chase Barfield said:

Thanks RyanW. That was my main concern was that it is burned in. Perhaps it was editable by me because I was signed into NitroPro and it recognized I was the one that placed it there in the first place.

 

I am reasonably sure that even after you save it, you cannot edit your own 'burned in' signature.   I'll have to tinker.

 

  • I agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chase Barfield
On 3/25/2021 at 11:26 AM, RyanW said:

 

I am reasonably sure that even after you save it, you cannot edit your own 'burned in' signature.   I'll have to tinker.

 

Let me know what you come up with and I will do the same. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
Rob Chiasson

I'm having the same issue - after applying a signature using Quicksign (which was the whole reason for purchasing Nitro Pro - I need to apply multiple signatures to documents regularly), and saving the document, another Nitro user can copy my signature image.  (I thought the same thing - maybe it was just me working on my file, but I asked others if they could lift my signature and they could).  Even if I print the doc to PDF from Nitro instead of saving it (select print and then microsoft print to PDF), the signature can still be copied.  The only work around I've found is to secure the document.  The most efficient was of doing that seems to be to create a protection profile - Go to Protect in the top menu line.  Then go to manage profiles.  Select New, give it a name.  Select Require a password to change security setttings and access specific features.  Enter and confirm your password. I allowed high quality printing and any except extract pages.  Click Finish.  Once you've signed a doc you can now protect it with 4 clicks - Protect from the menu at the top, Password Security, select the profile you just set up, and then confirm.  It's not ideal, and you can forget to do this, but it's the most efficient work around I have found to secure signatures added through Quicksign.

The digital signatures option suggested by Nitro is not a practical solution for me - I want signatures that look like signatures, and need to be able to apply multiple signatures to documents efficiently. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.