deactivation

Tjalle Vandergraaf

Tjalle Vandergraaf

My copy of Nitro Pro stopped working and I had to uninstall it.  When I tried to reinstall it,  I received a message that Nitro Pro had been installed on another computer, which is not the case.  I then tried to deactivate my account but I cannot do that because I seem to have no deactivations left although the website states that I have two deactivations and have not used any, to my knowledge. I had earlier move Nitro Pro from my old computer to my current W7Pro about nine years ago and want to reinstall it on my current W7Pro and, in a month or so, move it to my new W10 desktop.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Tjalle Vandergraaf

Thank you for your message - I can help you out.

Please note, we no longer support Nitro Pro 6. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy

So you can continue using your purchased license, please install the latest Nitro Pro 12 update:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Then activate with your Nitro Pro 6 serial number.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require anything else.

Edited by Leslie V.

Tjalle Vandergraaf

Thank you, Leslie V.. If I install V.12 on my W7Pro desktop, can I then later uninstall it and install it on my W10 desktop (I am in the process of moving from my W7 desktop to a new W10 desktop)?  Can I install V.12 on my laptop as well or am I limited to one installation on one device?

• Official Nitronaut

You can install on a primary computer and also a secondary computer. This is to allow you access to our product whilst you are away from your primary installation.

If you need to install on a third or more computers you would need to purchase additional licenses.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Tjalle Vandergraaf

Thank you.  One more question, though.  If I discard my computer, can I uninstall Nitro from the old computer and install it on a new computer?

• Official Nitronaut

In the future, if you would like to move your license to a new computer, or plan on reformatting your computer, I suggest you deactivate first by click on:
Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate > Deactivate
This will allow you to reactivate again.

When it comes to activation and the records we keep our logs are based on a computer ID which is generated and stored exclusively within Nitro Pro's user interface. We are unable to see the computer names/IDs that you are using for the machines internally. You can find this ID on each machine by going to Help > About Nitro Pro > Activate/Deactivate > Advanced. We would recommend always maintaining a list of this Nitro Pro-specific computer ID so that in the event a computer breaks down or you forget to deactivate prior to replacing a machine, you can contact us with this ID and we can then remove its activation on our end.

Please let me know if you have other questions.