Multiple copies of the same text box created in NitroPro 13 works as expected but not in Adobe Reader which it did in NitroPro 9

Gary Anderson

Gary Anderson

In Pro version 9 I created a pdf that had a text box at the top of each page that would contain a text string.  Because all of the text boxes were identically named all I needed to do to change the text string on 30 pages was to change the text on one page.  That appears to still work with my upgraded pro 13.  Today I needed to create another pdf document to do the same thing so I copied the same text box from the old pdf onto every page of the new pdf.  It works within Pro 13 but when users open it with Adobe Reader only page 1 has the text box and the other pages don't show the copies  of the text box.

Gary Anderson

Even bigger problem now that I've researched it further.  It doesn't update all of the copies of the same text box it only updates the one that I edited.  That is a big problem!!!!  I need to restore my NitroPro version 9.  I don't want to have to go through a 37 page document to update 37 text boxes to read the same value before printing.

Gary Anderson

Figured out a work around for only Pro 13.  If you edit the properties of all of the text boxes and change the name to something else and then change the name back to the original name then all of the text boxes mirror themselves and they print.  HOWEVER, if you open the saved pdf in Adobe reader all of the text boxes are invisible and don't print.