Nitro skips page when scrolling down a page using scrollbar

Orion Carrier

Orion Carrier

Hi all,

I often click beneath the position tab in the right hand scroll bar to scroll down a page at a time, but in Nitro (and only in Nitro), if I do this, Nitro skips one page and goes two pages down. The only way I can do this is by lifting my hands and pressing PgDn on my keyboard (Ctrl-down arrow). I find this irritating. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Thanks!

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Orion,

Thanks for your message - I'm happy to assist you.

So that we can troubleshoot the problem, please provide me with the following:

- The file you are working on (Is this happening on all files?)
- What exact version of Nitro you are using (You can retrieve this information by going to the Help tab> About Nitro Pro.)

I look forward to your response.

Orion Carrier

Hi,

I'm using version Nitro Pro 13.35.3.685. I'm on a new Dell XPS 15, with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

It's happening on all documents that I try it on. It doesn't happen EVERY time, but it happens most of the time. 

Can I squeak in another question? These virtually opaque black tip balloons that pop up top right of the screen every time I open a document. Is there a way to stop that from happening? They are obscuring my view of my documents. Closing sometimes multiple balloons almost every time I open a document is getting old. 

Thank you very much!

Orion

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Orion,

We can turn the pop-ups off by going to File > Preferences > Notifications > Product messages, untick show in-product messages > OK

About the scrolling issue, I was not able to replicate this on our end. 

Please use the tool I have provided below to remove all files associated with Nitro Pro and reboot your system.
https://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13353685/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro, so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. 

Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004307

When your system is back up, close all your open applications and install Nitro Pro 13.35.3.685 from the page I have provided below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

I hope this helps! Please let me know how that goes.

Orion Carrier

Hi,

Thank you for the solution for the pop-ups. That appears to have helped.

I wanted to remove and reinstall Nitro Pro, but there is no Stamps folder in the location given in the article for backing up stamps/signatures. Setting up that signature was a very painful process, so I'd rather not lose it. In my computer's path "C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\13" there is no Stamps folder, and the only files in the tree under that location with the word stamps in the file name are DLL files. 

While we're at it, I have three more usability questions. If I can get some of these questions answered, I will actually buy the product as it is much easier to edit PDF's than in Phantom PDF. 

Is there a way to add Zoom + and - buttons like other software have. Sorry I know I'm winey, but it's very annoying to have to click the zoom dropdown then guess what percentage to zoom to (as each PDF file seems to have a different magnification for 100%). I also don't want to use Ctrl-+ and Ctrl-- as that involves looking away from my screen. In a long busy day, it really adds up, doing these things over and over. 

My next pain point is when I open multiple documents (I frequently open one or two dozen at a time with no difficulty in Phantom PDF), the location of the latest opened file is not on the far right. It appears to go to some random tab location... and sometimes is not even visible at the top of the screen, even when I'm editing it. And when I close a tab, I don't land on the adjacent tab, but on some random tab elsewhere... sometimes a tab I can't even see among the visible tabs, despite being in that document A properly ordered set of tabs is essential for me when I have multiple tabs open, ideally showing a tooltip with the full PDF file name when the whole name is not visible. 

Finally, for the most part, your thumbnails feature is great, and when I expand the thumbnails pane to show two pages per row (I do a lot of editing of large documents), it shows p1 on the left, p2 on the right, and so on, alternating as one would expect. But In the document window, which I have set to show facing pages, it shows p1 on the right, and then when you scroll down, p2 on the left and p3 on the right, and so on alternating. Is there a way to set it so that the layout with respect to where p1 is displayed in the document window matches the thumbnails pane? Or vice versa? It's confusing and wastes time for me to always keep track of what should be where, when I'm organizing documents.

Many thanks for all you can help me with here. I'd be quite happy with Nitro if these issues were fixed, and would try out the e-sign feature as well.

Orion