Nitro Pro 8 app window header has suddenly become partially transparent

Volker Piasta

Volker Piasta

The transparent windows header makes it hard to choose actions. Also I cannot close the app with the "X" button, need to go to File / Exit.

No other app has this problem. I have closed and reopened the app, but cannot resolve the problem. There is no option in the preferences about transparency of the app window. The transparency effect in the windows 10 settings is set to off.

What can I do to restore the normal appearance? Need to reinstall?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Volker Piasta

Thank you for your message - I can help you out.

Please note, we no longer support Nitro Pro 8. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy

You can upgrade to Nitro Pro 13 here: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

Cheers!

Volker Piasta

Hmm. It says I can get a discounted upgrade, but I don't see the discount.
BTW, besides the inconvenience of the sudden transparency, which I can probably resolve reinstalling the app, I am just fine with my actual version and I am not missing any needed feature.
Before I spend money on an upgrade that may not improve my work, can I try the new version before buying?

Volker Piasta

Ok, although I got no answer about a trial version, I found it on my own and installed it. Pro 13 has nothing new that I would really need and that justifies the extra cost, but the OCR is worse than in PRO 8.

And BTW, offering to buy an "upgrade" instead of helping to resolve a technical problem is not what I expect from tech assistance, even on the level of a "community" forum.