Upgrade process?

Joe Fernandez

Joe Fernandez

I bought your product since Feb this year and till this date your upgrade process still does not recognise my serial number for upgrades which was paid for 12 months.

What's the go here?  

This is the msg that came up in Feb and now it's April and still the same.  

"We were unable to validate your serial number. Please ensure you entered it correctly. If you believe you are eligible for an upgrade, please leave a post on our Community Forum and update us with your issue."

I don't even understand why we have to manually come to the source website to obtain an upgrade or manually check if there was an updated version.  Most software allow autocheck if there was an update and lets you know and options to upgrade.   This is the first software that doesn't even have that feature, let along the above errors to obtain an upgrade.  Customers paid for upgrades but your system does not even recognised the serial numbers that you provided the customers.   This is such a painful process. 

• I agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Joe Fernandez,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

With regard to visiting our website in order to download and install newer builds, we’re currently setting up an online system that will allow only minor updates to all customers.

With past versions of Nitro Pro (like earlier builds of 11 and older versions), the program has a 'Check for Updates' feature that our development team disabled and haven’t bring it back. As much as we would like to provide you when this feature will be up again, there is no ETA from their team.

As per our server logs, we can see that you have purchased a Nitro Pro 13 and you were able to activate its serial number 50499x-xxxxxx-x81187 Last March 6th.

If you have another serial number for an older version, could you please provide it via private message (hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message')?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Narek Zohrabyan

Why was the autoupdate or autocheck feature disabled? It seems like every software I have has a feature to automatically check and alert the user that a newer version is available. Why Nitro has decided to intentionally deactivate this feature is beyond me.

• I agree 1

• 2 months later...
Joe Fernandez
On 5/5/2021 at 7:34 AM, AllainU said:

Hello @Joe Fernandez,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

With regard to visiting our website in order to download and install newer builds, we’re currently setting up an online system that will allow only minor updates to all customers.

With past versions of Nitro Pro (like earlier builds of 11 and older versions), the program has a 'Check for Updates' feature that our development team disabled and haven’t bring it back. As much as we would like to provide you when this feature will be up again, there is no ETA from their team.

As per our server logs, we can see that you have purchased a Nitro Pro 13 and you were able to activate its serial number 50499x-xxxxxx-x81187 Last March 6th.

If you have another serial number for an older version, could you please provide it via private message (hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message')?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi @AllainU,

What do you meant an older version?  I've only bought one version, this is the first serial number via your online store which billed by cleverbridge.  I don't have any other version, it's my first time buying this software with the paid upgrades option. 

This is the most weirdest upgrade option and the most unusual way of getting support which is public for all to see?   No ticketing system or email contacts?