No Preview or Icon

Dawn Peppard

Dawn Peppard

After installing Nitro 13 on my new laptop I can't see Icons or thumbnails or previews of documents. I see all other programs just fine. I have a Lenovo Touchscreen Laptop. Not sure what to do. I can't even see the N logo it is just blank with the file name underneath (if saved to my desktop)

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Dawn Peppard

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please check what specific build of Nitro Pro 13 is installed on your new laptop? This information can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro.

Kind regards,

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @Dawn Peppard

Please update your Nitro Pro 13 installation to 13.40 build. You can download the installer from the following location:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link 

Once update to the 13.40 build, please observe if the issue persists. 

Kind regards,

Dawn Peppard

I udpdated, restarted and there is no change. I can not see the preview or Icon on my desktop, just the name of the file. When it downloads, it asked me to stop services on some running tasks, can Nitro not do this ? Thanks

Edited by Dawn Peppard

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @Dawn Peppard,

My apologies for the delay. 

When you update your Nitro Pro installation to another build, you will be asked to close other applications like Office. Nitro Pro has add-in for Office and this add-in is part of the update process. 

I have Nitro Pro 13.40 on my machine and I can see the icon and preview on my desktop. This confirms that this issue has been resolved on this specific build.
Could you please confirm if your Nitro Pro 13 is on 13.40? This information can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 
Please take a screenshot as well of the icons that do not show the preview on your desktop. 

Kind regards,