Password protected documents

Mike v

Hi community & Nitro management

I purchased Nitro pro about 2 years ago and for the most part it works very well, is easy to use.

About a year ago I decided to experiment with password protection on a document, just to see how it would work. As a result Nitro PDF seems to have password protected every every  pdf document in file system. Equally surprising it seems to have survived a PC rebuild. I need to put electronic signatures on documents and is this feature which is no longer available. As I was only intending to secure one test document I did not write down the password. It seems now Nitro PDF is doomed. Getting support for Nitro seems very difficult. Not such a good customer experience. I expect this issue will be outside the scope of the forum but I needed to vent my frustration with Nitro :( 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Mike v,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies as our product team decided to stop offering VIP Access to online users.

But no worries, we are still available here in the Community Forums.

Looking at your account records, I can see you purchased Nitro Pro 13 with serial number 50492x-xxxxxx-108453. 

With regard to Nitro Pro that password protected every PDF document in your file system, this is the first time we have received such behavior..

My only guess is that you have used Batch Processing (under File) and you added sequence for 'Apply Password Security' on multiple files.

If you forget your Password that you set on your PDF files, there is no way of recovering it.

I hope this helps and my sincere apologies for your frustrations.