Nitro Pro not opening ALL pages

Thomas Dillow

Thomas Dillow

I am opening files that I have been accessing with no problems for the past 4 weeks.  These files are 5000 pages each.  Suddenly two files are only show 1000+ pages.   Book marks for pages beyond the amount shown still exist but it acts as though the pages are not in existence.

Advice Please!!

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your message!

So that we can troubleshoot the problem, please provide me with the following:

- The file you are working on so we can test
- What exact version of Nitro you are using . You can find this information by opening Nitro. Go to the Help tab, then click About Nitro Pro.
- The exact steps you are taking
- A screen shot of what you are seeing or any error message you are receiving

I look forward to your response.

John Zupancic

I am using Nitro 13 and trying to open some files that are 1100 pages that I have opened previously. I have reinstalled the program to no avail.

Any hints as to how to get these to open??

• Official Nitronaut

Hello John,

What exact build of Nitro Pro 13 are you using?

Please send us the file so we can see why it is not opening.

John Zupancic

Hello Leslie V

Thanks for your reply. I am using 13.22.0.44. My colleague in Brisbane got hers to open after waiting 30 minutes. I am not that patient. I used MS Edge instead but prefer Nitro for its many features such as measurement tools. How do I send the file? It is 52 MB. I can see nowhere to attach a file and your email was from a noreply address.  

• Official Nitronaut

Hello John,

We have a more recent build and running a cleanup and updating might help with this issue.

Please use the tool I have provided below to remove all files associated with Nitro Pro and reboot your system.
https://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13450917/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip
NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro, so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. 

Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004307

When your system is back up, close all your open applications and install Nitro Pro 13.45.0.917 from the page I have provided below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

I hope this helps! Please let me know how that goes.

John Zupancic

Thanks for your response.

I followed your directions, removed all Nitro files and reloaded version 13.45.0.917. I tried to load the file in question and waited over 5 minutes for it to load and gave up. Just to compare I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader, loaded it and the file opened within seconds as it does in MS Edge. A real disappointment, I have been a devoted Nitro user for years and never encountered such a problem. I am wanting to make some measurements on images in these documents and really do not want to resort to Acrobat to get the job done.

Now when I try to open Nitro, it is nowhere to be found on either of my screens.

I will be happy to send the file(s) to you if you can direct me how to upload or somehow get them to you.

• 2 weeks later...
John Zupancic

CRICKETS???

I have been able to open the file by waiting about 15 minutes for it to open. After that I can move around and all functions that I have tried work okay.

I really think you should tell me how to send it you so you can have a look at it. Adobe Reader and MS Edge open it in about 5 seconds.