Measuring & Review Tool ( Crashes )

Joe Pires

Hello,

I have an end user who's been having problems with Nitro Pro 13.45.0.917

Whenever they are using the Measure and or Review tool, Nitro crashes which is extremely frustrating.

I've upgraded to run a repair on Nitro

I've uninstalled and reinstalled.

I've upgraded it to the latest version available and it continues to crash randomly.

If anyone's experienced this and has any advice, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Joe Pires,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Does this happen with every files? If it's a single file or specific ones, how are these PDF files created? Are they by any chance PDFs saved by AutoCAD?

Lastly, are you able to replicate the same crashing issue on your own machine using the same Nitro Pro 13 build?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

14 hours ago, AllainU said:

Hello @Joe Pires,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Does this happen with every files? If it's a single file or specific ones, how are these PDF files created? Are they by any chance PDFs saved by AutoCAD?

Lastly, are you able to replicate the same crashing issue on your own machine using the same Nitro Pro 13 build?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi @AllainU 

I received some feedback from the end user.

This happens with all of the PDF documents being accessed.

I believe that the PDF documents are from AutoCAD, yes.

Unfortunately, I don't have other hardware to give the user to try out this version of Nitro. It's completely sporadic. Having the user work on my machine isn't really practical given the circumstances.

• 1 month later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Joe Pires,

Thank you for this information and my apologies for the delay.

Does your user has full control of creating AutoCAD files to PDF format? If yes, kindly note that AutoCAD files (to check, go to File > Document Properties) contain rendered content/drawings and printing using the Nitro PDF Creator requires Nitro Pro to basically re-render and re-draw the content to a PDF. This can cause the Nitro software to crash, especially if the AutoCAD file has much content or several layers of drawings.

To bring in an AutoCAD file into Nitro Pro:

a. Open the file in AutoCAD  > File > Export to an image format. (i.e. .jpg or .png format)
b. Open Nitro Pro > click on the Home tab > PDF > From File > Add Files > select the image file. This will convert the image to a PDF format. 

This process works over the direct print using the Nitro PDF Creator, since it does not require Nitro Pro to render the content in the AutoCAD  file.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.