Deactivating doesn't work

Rudolf Schuur

Rudolf Schuur

A user needs to be transferred to another computer due to problems not related to Nitro Pro.
According to the manual, I have to Deactivate Nitro Pro on his old pc, after which I can activate it on the new pc.
Problem: When I click the "Deactiveren" button, I get sent to a site which apparantly had an error, because it reports "Server Error in '/' Application.

The URL that hides under the button: www.nitropdf.com/nl/deactivation

The URL that this goes to: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (activationportal.me)

Seems like the webdesigner needs to update something?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Rudolf Schuur,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the serial number of the Nitro Pro you are having issue deactivating?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Rudolf Schuur,

Thank you for the private message.

To further assist you, we want to make you aware of the change to your product that may affect its activation performance.

To continue offering our customers the very best PDF tools, we have upgraded our servers and has shut down the one your older version of Nitro Pro runs on so please install Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574 on the new machine by getting the installer from this page:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads 

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering the same serial number 234601-xxxxxx-402420

With regard to the error code when deactivating on the old machine, you may just uninstall it through Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and stay safe always!