Error 79 Activation/Deactivation Error

Allan Kennedy

Allan Kennedy

I am trying to activate Nitro Pro 12 on an end user's new Windows 10 computer, but I get error 79.

I tried deactivating Nitro Pro 12 on the old computer, but I get error 79 on that computer as well.

I tried browsing to www.nitropdf.com/activation and submitting the installation ID in order perform a manual activation on the new computer, but I get the error message "Invalid Data."

I tried browsing to https://licenses.gonitro.com/prd/portal and entering the serial number and then selecting "Find License." I get the message "Once you click 'Deactivate', you can activate your license immediately by entering the below serial number into Nitro Pro." Below the table that shows up is a "Deactivate" button, but when I select it I get the message "Please select devices to deactivate," but I don't see any devices to select.

I tried using the automated support chat bot, but it just directs me to the online support page.

Help.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Allan Kennedy,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please check the version and build of Nitro PDF Pro on the Windows 10 computer. This information can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro
If you see that you are not running 12.16.9.574 build, please update to that build by downloading the installer from the following location: 

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link. 

Once that build is installed, you should be able to activate using your current version 12 serial number. The activation should proceed with the usual activation process (Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate) and not through the manual activation. 

Kind regards, 

Allan Kennedy
On 8/12/2021 at 10:27 AM, Reymund G. said:

Hi @Allan Kennedy,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please check the version and build of Nitro PDF Pro on the Windows 10 computer. This information can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro
If you see that you are not running 12.16.9.574 build, please update to that build by downloading the installer from the following location: 

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link. 

Once that build is installed, you should be able to activate using your current version 12 serial number. The activation should proceed with the usual activation process (Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate) and not through the manual activation. 

Kind regards, 

That update to Nitro PDF Pro 12 fixed the issue. I was able to deactivate on the old computer and activate on the new one. Thanks!