Unable to Activate Nitro Pro 13 - horrible workflow

Ted meier

I have multiple licenses for Nitro Pro 13.  When I try to run the program it will not allow NitroPro to run and says "there was a connection problem".  In fact, I have perfect internet connection to all sites and this is the only issue I encounter.  

It gives the option for "Manual".  When I click this it gives message for offline activation and enter serial number.  

When I enter the serial number it gives the option to copy a pre-generated certificate.  Unfortunately, the certificate is blank and there is nothing to copy.

The program is basically unusable and my money is wasted.   Please give steps to resolve this.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ted meier,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

In order to further assist you, could you please provide a screenshot of your 'About Nitro Pro' window under Help tab? This window should show the exact build of the program (format is 13.XX.X.XXX, e.g. 13.46.0.937). The same information is available by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Lastly, please provide the serial number of the Nitro Pro 13 you are having issue activating.

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

I did sort of solve this myself.  The Nitro PDF website and software is a disaster.   When you try to download a trial of version 13 it gives you a VERY old version something like 13.15.x.x .  During the install it does download something but it isnt the current version.

There is another way to get to a newer version but I don't recall what steps I had to take to get there.   It is something like 13.46.x.x.

NitroPDF is not worth the trouble if this is how poor their systems are designed.  I would rather pay more for Adobe PDF knowing that i wont have to waste hours on a stupid activation system.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ted meier,

In behalf of Nitro, my sincerest apologies for your frustration.

I have gone ahead to test downloading a trial of Nitro PDF Pro though https://www.gonitro.com/pro/try by typing my name and email address and I was able to download a Nitro Pro 13.46.0.937 Exe package. 

Did you visit the same page to download our Trial installer? We would love to further investigate your workflow so this will never happen in the future.

Again, our sincere apologies and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ted meier,

Thank you for the private messages and since you are still working with Nitro Pro 13.19, please refer to these in order to update and fix the issue with regard to the program not generating the activation certificate:

1. Download and run our Clean Up utility to uninstall your Nitro Pro:  http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13460937/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

2. Clear all your Downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

3. Download and install Nitro Pro 13.46 using below offline installers:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13460937/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13460937/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi 

To know if you have 32-bit or 64-bit, please refer to this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/15056/windows-32-64-bit-faq

Important: If you are using Chrome or any of the Chromium-based browsers (e.g., Vivaldi, etc.) and you are unable to access the above installer links, you're more than likely experiencing the results of a new security feature that was silently pushed out to the browsers, which blocks .exe/.msi/etc downloads without any visible error or prompt on the browser's frontend user space. In order to bypass this, please try these steps:

a. Right-click the link you're trying to download, and select "Save link as..."
b. Choose your save location and select "Save"
c. On the bottom edge of your browser window, the Downloads bar should now appear and the file will show up with a red error icon, attempting to block the download. Press the caret button and select "Keep"

4. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering your serial number

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.