Upgrade from Smile PDFPen Pro V12

Jochen Häberle

• 1 month later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Jochen Häberle

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

We have a knowledgebase article that has instructions on how to upgrade your PDFpen Pro 12 to the latest version which is 13. Please refer to the link below:

How do I upgrade to PDFpen / PDFpenPro 13?
https://smile.helpscoutdocs.com/article/54-how-do-i-upgrade-to-pdfpen-pdfpenpro-12 

There is a free upgrade for purchases made on or after January 1, 2021; no free upgrades available on the Mac App Store.

Kind regards,

• 6 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Marcel,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

When you selected 'Buy an upgrade license' and entered your license key 752AA81B-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-410C799E, did you received an error message?

We would love to have a screenshot of the error message on your next response so I can check our resources.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi @Allain Umailin,

thank you for your quick response. My license key for PDFPenPro looks like PPRO12_S_1_752AA81B-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-410C799E. I can't omit PPRO12_S_1_, otherwise the OK button in the registration windows wouldn't be activated.

Once I've entered my full name and the license key I get the following warnings. Might be worth to mention that:

• I've bought PDFPenPro 12 when it still was owned by SmileSoftware
  • My full name contains an Umlaut (in case that causes issues when matching the license on your servers)

5PLZhZM.pngf7hgojL.png

By the way, I switched my system's main language to English for the screenshots. In my primary language (German) the help text says to write an email to support@smilesoftware.com. Of course they declined support. I can send a proof of purchase to support@pdfpen.com if desired.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Marcel,

Thank you for this information and I was able to replicate those pop up messages with a PDFpen Pro 13 installed and after entering your PDFpen Pro 12 license key.

To further assist you in upgrading, please refer to these steps:

1. Perform Software Update through System Preferences.

2. To uninstall PDFpen Pro, drag the PDFpen/Pro application icon to the Trash.

3. For complete removal, also move to the Trash then restart your device

[Home] / Library / Containers / com.smileonmymac.PDFpenPro

4. Reinstall PDFpen Pro 12.x by downloading the installer from our page https://pdfpen.com/support/other-versions/ 

5. Reactivate the program using the same license PPRO12_S_1_752AA81B-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-410C799E

6. Click 'PDFpen Pro' at the top-left right and select 'Check for Updates' then select 'Yes, I'd like to upgrade'.

7. Complete your transaction and version 13 will register with your new license. You will also receive an email of the new license for your records.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Allain Umailin said:

7. Complete your transaction and version 13 will register with your new license. You will also receive an email of the new license for your records.

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me. After upgrade, PDFPenPro 13 is keep telling me it cannot locate a record of my purchase. Interestingly, recovering my PDFPenPro 12 license key works flawlessly (so some sort of record seems to be on your servers).

• 2 weeks later...