When combining PDFs they go out of order

Maegan Porter

Maegan Porter

Hi, 

When I combine multiple PDFs and put them in the order I want, when I click create 90% of the time they won't combine in the order I put them in. Why is this and how can I fix this?

Thanks

• 9 months later...
Kristopher Ting

Allain, based on the article you mention in this thread from last year, I understand the instructions for maintaining sort order when using  Windows Explorer. However, it appears that those instructions no longer apply to version 13? No matter which file is selected when right-clicking to Combine, the result does not put that selected file first. I guess that's an "improvement", but now I see another problem that version 12 did not have.

If you have filenames that are for example "Test-1, Test-2, ... , Test-10, ... , Test-100", the ordering of version 13 puts Test-10 and Test-100 before Test-2.  I think this is called "lexicographic" sorting. However, version 12 (and Windows Explorer for that matter) sort them in the more desirable "natural" sorting of Test-1, Test-2, Test-3,...,Test-10, Test-11,...,Test-100,...

Is there a way to change version 13 back to the natural sorting algorithm?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kristopher Ting,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.XX.X.XXX, e.g. 13.67.0.45) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Lastly, could you please provide your serial number?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.