Forum for PDFPen Pro for Mac?

Dave Sawyer

Where can I find a forum for issues with PDFpen Pro 13 for Mac? SmileOnMyMac, having it seems sold the product to Nitro, has abdicated all responsibility for supporting the product, and I'm not able to find any support forum or technical support contacts here. Thanks.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your message - I'm happy to assist you.

So that we can troubleshoot the problem, please provide me with the following:

- A detailed description of the issue you are experiencing
- The file you are working on
- Your specific step by step workflow so we can replicate this on our end
- A screen shot of what you are seeing or any error message you are receiving

I look forward to your response.

I am attempting to correct text in a PDF document for price labels, generated by our point-of-sale system (Altru by Blackbaud). The system often will export the SKU for an item as ASCII text rather than using the correct barcode font. When I attempt to correct the text in PDFpen Pro, I can successfully change the text from the ASCII font to the barcode font on the first several labels, but by about the tenth label, PDFpen Pro will overlay the original ASCII text with the barcode rather than correcting the text. I can move the barcode off of the original ASCII, but then am unable to correct the ASCII text again nor remove it. I will be happy to submit a screen shot or an example of the document, but I don't see any way to do so. Thanks.

Edited by Dave Sawyer

Douglas McClure

Hi,

This is the only PDF Pen topic I could find. I've been having a problem for a long time (since prior to your purchase of PDF Pen from Smile). When I'm using PDF Pen over a period of time, at a certain point in time Pages and Numbers for MacOS no longer are able to autosave files. I have to shut down the whole computer and restart it to get everything working again. I've been monitoring this for a long period of time (over a year) and this only happens when the two applications are open at  roughly the same time.

I'm on PDF Pen 12.2.3

Thanks for any help you can offer.

- Douglas McClure

Edited by Douglas McClure

On the topic of PDFpen support:

I noticed that when I select a state in the drop down field on a standard US I-9 form (https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-9-paper-version.pdf) that the selected US State shown in PDFpen is buggy: 
1) The field contents do not match my initial selection (ex: if I choose CA in the drop down, it shows AZ). 
2) The field content is not consistent if I save and reopen the document in other PDF viewers (PDFpen shows AZ, Acrobat shows CA, Preview shows CO).

This bug is a bit of a show-stopper, since I cannot trust that the people that receive my documents will see the information I intended.